Friday, October 17, 2008

Question of the day: do animals get deja vu?

Also of note: Men in Black II is fairly good, considering its a sequel, but without lines such as "It just be rainin' black people in New York" and "NYPD means I will Nock You Punkass Down" it just doesn't make the cut of badass modern classic.

We're spending our nights watching the MLB playoffs, and I can't find 4 teams I care about LESS. I have no feeling regarding the fact that the Philies beat the Dodgers to go onto the World Series. What feelings I do have revolve around my dilemma concerning the fact that while the Rays are the underdog and I do love a good underdog, they changed their name from "Devil Rays" to "Rays" for some pointless and ill-guided attempt to be Jesusy. I mean, the devil ray is an animal, and that's what they're named after. Is there really a place for Christianity in baseball? I suppose the singing of "God Bless America" (which I do not observe because believe it or not, not all Americans are Christian or believe in god) makes a point to the contrary. But is it really offensive to have "devil" in your name as a major league baseball team? A better question, don't you need to take yourself a little less seriously if you ARE offended?