Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I started a new job today. I am the new Cultural Resources Coordinator for the National Parks Conservation Association. Not to be confused with the National Park Service, which apparently happens quite often. People call the NPCA office asking how they can get backcountry camping permits. I suggested that, if they need the extra cash, they start a stellar counterfeit backcountry camping permit business. Would anybody ever really know?

Other than that, it was fairly standard. It's a small office, 6 (soon to be 7) people, plus an office manager and Jody, who really works for another branch entirely but hates DC so chooses to live here. I was inundated with background stuff to read, and hopefully will be soon with things to fill out. The fact that I have not signed an official offer letter seemed to perturb no one, so I suppose it should not bother me.

The only thing to worry about now is a place to live (semi) permanently. Not that El Palomino isn't awesome and all, but it's a bit dodgy, and I could really use some hangers and general organizational freedom.

2 comments:

Eclecticbookwrm said...

Congrats, Kat! Keep me posted on how you like and what you actually do and the like. =)

Grinning Ghost said...

Congrats on the job Kathryn!! I hope it works out well for you!