Friday, January 22, 2010

Non Sequitur TV Confusion

On a completely non-sequitur note, I'm having trouble figuring out the method or madness behind TV/cable networks and why they show shows when they do.

For example: "Castle" is on at 10 pm EST, which translates to 9pm Central. I get that. But this also means 9pm MST, which is where I get confused. Why not 8? That would follow: 10 on the east coast, 9 in Chicago, and 8 in Denver.

Except "Burn Notice" is also on at 10 EST and 9 Central, and then 8 Mountain.

"Chuck" is on 8pm EST, 7 CST, and 7 MST. But there are several other shows that do not push as early as 7, and so though they start at 9 EST, they start at 8 here in Wyoming.

"White Collar" is on at 10 EST, 9 CST and 8 MST.

"The Daily Show" is on at 11 pm EST, and begins here in Wyoming at 9.

And I haven't a clue when things start on the west coast. Why does it bother me that there is no Time Zone Transition conformity and that they provide no explanation? Jeez.

And now you have a rundown of the TV shows I watch. Herm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch them ALL online. That's what I do.