Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dino DNA

I don't believe in creationism because, aside from all the completely logical reasons not to, it's way cooler to touch something that was alive 65 million years ago than a lame, probably fake, 6000-year-old bone from a dinosaur that was tamed by Sarah Palin and her drippingly feminine wiles. Damaged goods, man.

Backbone!


Ahhhhhhhh, alive dinosaurs!!!


JM touching a thigh bone!



Dinosaurs are coming!!!


Arguably, NOT a dinosaur... :-)

And also, dinosaurs are real. They just call them sandhill cranes, now. They look and sound EXACTLY like pterodactyls (I know this because I watch a lot of Jurassic Park), and while visiting Dinosaur National Monument, we saw 150+ of them amassing in a stretch of pasture along a river. I've never seen more than 3 in one place EVER, and here they are, organizing for a massive air-strike against the inferior humans! But at least I can be prepared now. Whew.

3 comments:

amy b said...

I still fail to see how creationist don't believe in dinosaurs. I believe in both. I want to smack them and say, "Ooo, you are so not going to heaven. God is PISSED you that you don't think he's smart enough to make dinosaurs."

amy b said...

Hold on, I'm not amy... I'm Laura!

Kat said...

Totally. I mean, the guy can put bones in the ground, but you don't think he can actually MAKE those things? That's not giving him a lot of credit, is it? And for those who think that there were dinosaurs, just 6000 years ago,that's like saying OK god can create dinosaurs, but he's not smart enough to create evolution. Lame.