Thursday, June 4, 2009

So this is the crazy swampy pond (man-made, created by swaths of rubble and dirt piled up along a creek) that reminded me of that fateful scene in Lord of the Rings when Frodo tries to drown himself in the eerie glow of long-dead elves...


Drip drip dropping into the pond...


The abandoned homes of miners at Miner's Delight, now supported by the BLM. The fog made the loneliness of the place eerie enough to make me start when another couple-young, adventurous, with a puppy and from Bozeman-hiked up and said "hi."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno man, it looks a lot like my back yard this week. the shed is falling down like that, and there is a sink hole where we had to dig up the septic tank full of water. its very foggy and wet, creepy.

these deer keep sneaking up out of the fog to eat the duct tape thats on the trampoline, which is all destroyed like that bed frame... yeah i think thats a picture of NR, and youre just pretending you live far away.

Kat said...

Haha yeah you caught me. I'm actually living up at your barn.

And I had no idea duct tape was so tasty. I should look into that... I wonder how many calories per serving duct tape has... fiber?

Anonymous said...

Well the secret is a well aged roll. This stuff has been on the trampoline for two or three years.