Thursday, June 11, 2009

Personality crisis: what do I want to do?

One side of the brain tells me I want to have my freedom and my free time, find a place I love and do whatever I need to do to stay there.

The other side of the brain tells me that I should find a job in which I can do something significant and important with my time. Feel important. Feel part of a team. Feel in the loop.

And then there's that odd frontal lobe, which really loves my high standard of living.

And like so much in my life, it's all extremes. There's no compromise, and there's no in between, and there's no overlap.




I can't decide if this fountain was actually supposed to be so yellow...

1 comment:

Eclecticbookwrm said...

I say, the biggest decision you have to make is in what order to try all of the above. Maybe someday you will be lucky enough to manage to find a job that makes you feel important, in a place you love. And in the meantime.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with seeing where you end up.