Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend in the Rain

OK, so I've just returned from a long weekend on the Isle of Arran... More to come, but I thought I'd send you a taster of what's in store:

This is the Isle of Arran from the ferry


This is the cool stuff we came here to see: 6,000 year old standing stones!




This is where we camped for the weekend... gorgeous, huh? But there's a catch... these little insects called midgies (I have yet to figure out what they REALLY are) swarm all around you at eat you alive. Seriously. I'll show you a picture of my back if you don't believe me....

Oh, and in case you were thinking about how pretty and sunny it is there, you're WRONG. It rained the entire weekend, with the exception of the couple of seconds it took to take these shots and, oh yeah, on the ferry ride back to the mainland. But we had a blast, and our tent holds up wonderfully in the rain!

No comments: