Thursday, August 14, 2008

Actual Date: 11 August 2008


I have managed to not leave the house for 2 days. How much fun is that? In my defense, I've been cleaning up everything to prepare for our departure in about a week. We weren't the cleanest people ever, so we had weeks of gunk build-up on our stove. So, you know, keeping busy.

I've also picked up doing yoga, thanks to these guys: http://yogaaid.com/. They developed an application for facebook, and it's been nice. Though, I can't be sure that I'm doing some of the poses correctly, but they certainly FEEL correct. I'm getting a nice used-muscle feeling in my shoulders and back, and the stretch in my legs feels great. Too bad I needed facebook to actually get me into something healthy. :-)

Finally... weddings! I've been thinking more and more about getting married, and driving Jonmikel crazy with my manic ups and downs. Sometimes I hate weddings, sometimes all I want to do is have one. Looking at some places in Key West, Orcas Island in the San Juan Islands off the coast of Washington state, and maybe some JEB Stuart or JS Mosby or civil war sites around Harpers Ferry or the Shenandoah Valley, to commemorate Jonmikel's lifelong love of Civil War history. I was thinking of something in the winter, giving us way more options for anniversary vacations: snow bunnies OR beach bums, both can occur in winter! And really in summer, there isn't a whole lot of snow-bunnying going around... But we can't seem to see eye-to-eye for dates...

No comments: