Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I bet you didn't know that in Brighton they collect recycling at 5 am? Oh wait, I guess you did. Well, they do. Everyday, apparently. Next time, we get a room away from the recycling bins.

Today was our return trip; it's always depressing when you have to watch the beach and the sun and the ocean slip away. Not that Edinburgh isn't on the ocean or doesn't have a beach, because it is and it does. Hmmmm. The upside is that we ganked a role of toilet paper from the hotel room so that we wouldn't have to run to the store as soon as we got home. How's that for economical?

Also, despite the sunburn on my arms and shoulders, I have noticed that even a day of sun will bring my freckles out in force! I'm stoked, because last summer they barely came out at all. I do, however, chalk that up to them just being so confused because they all came out in Morocco, and then had to go away again when reentering Montana spring, which is like winter. I thought maybe the distress would send them packing for good, but it appears they just went on sabbatical. Fair enough, I say. I only hope we can get some sun back in Edinburgh so they don't go away again. It's not looking good... I love my freckles.

And I am rather burned on my arms, though the rest of me saw SPF 8 sunscreen (all I need, even in the tropics) before seeing the sun. The train ride was wonderfully uneventful, and we stopped to grab a few more fun shots at platform 9 3/4. No crazy old men on the train, just light rain and naps and thesis work. How unappealing is this real world thing, huh?

No comments: