Friday, February 19, 2010

Living in the West is Like Living on Vacation

While Lander may not be the end-all, be-all of small towns out west, I do have to remember how many cool things there are in this area. What most people do on a well-planned and expensive vacation, I can do on an impromptu weekend. Or even in a day, if I started early. Jackson Hole, WY and Grand Teton National Park are the same distance away as the nearest Target. In the summer with no construction, that drive would be similar to the commutes some people in Chicago or DC have to work.

Sometimes I do have to remind myself how lucky I am. These photos can be taken just on the other side of the Fremont-Teton county line. Perhaps this is why people think I'm continuously on vacation? :-)




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah it's hard to imagine anyone's backyard looking like that. but at least you have the ambition to go out and see it. i have to make myself put on pants to go to the grocery on days off. its a shame really.