Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Politico Rant

I am definitely one of those people who, like Jay Leno, wants to see someone go to jail.

The whole AIG thing is such a mess, and I understand that they didn't do anything ILLEGAL, per say, but just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right. I love democracy, and I love checks and balances, but sometimes, the most powerful government in the world needs to remember that it's the most powerful government in the world. Take advantage. I don't care if it's illegal, throw someone in jail! Boost the morale of all of us peons that keep getting left behind in this Western world of scandal and corrupt businessmen. Tell the ACLU to sit this round out, tell Congress to sit down and be quiet, just be a leader. Take one for the team, here.

What's the point of being the most powerful country in the world if you can't even protect your own people from internal threats?

I'm kind of OK with the concept of a benign king. Americans seem to have trouble taking care of themselves.

4 comments:

daron said...

Who allowed Dick Cheney to login and write one of my darling sister's posts??

Kat said...

Hey, I'm serious. Americans need a morale boost, and sending an AIG person to jail for being unscrupulous , greedy, and immoral might be just what some people need to start sorting things out again. Besides, Dick Cheney hated big government, I'm practically advocating for it...

Anonymous said...

you are way prettier then dick cheney. and thats not just my codine talking.

daron said...

I wasn't thinking about size of govt, but the Cheney-esque streak I was reading was unlimited executive power. Wiretapping was approved as an effort to protect us from threats, but it's legality was questioned. Perhaps being the most powerful in the world also makes you have to be the toughest on yourself and hold yourself to the highest standard. If you can't who will?
And there is no question that she is prettier! Plus she hasn't shot her friends in the face!