Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII

I hate the Steelers.

Really. And I always will.

Jonmikel and I headed out, with the rest of my office, to our graphic designer's (Paul) place for the Big Game. Paul works for the National Association for Interpretation (who miss us immensely since we moved out of their building) and designs our publications for us. He's a delightful, red-haired Phillies fan with a big TV. We were all invited.

Everybody arrives, and all the men promptly take bets on, no the game, but on how many times they show Kurt Warner's wife on TV; the going bet was 2.5 (the number was 4, I believe, though it could have been 5; we stopped watching when the game was over). She looks freakishly like John McCain's wife...

I was bummed about the Cards' loss, but stoked that they didn't get CREAMED, as was generally predicted. The going bet was for a 7-point spread at least in Las Vegas, so I bet there are some pretty disappointed betters out there. Also important was that there was a cake designer present at our Super Bowl party, who made a pretty impressive foot-and-helmet style chocolate cake. Apparently, last year she made an entire stadium. Yeah, I was impressed.

No comments: