Friday, January 9, 2009

Can Industry Be Beautiful?

I took these shots on the way home from Fort Laramie as we drove by:


They were quite imposing, really, smoke stacks rising up from the high plains, the middle of nowhere, pumping out loads of exhaust and steam. The brisk day was making the smoke seem much more intense and worrying than it would have been normally, accenting the steam in the cold air.

The general Flickr reaction has been extremely positive, and most people think I'm trying to make a statement with it, some protest against coal and pollution. Something about making a power plant into something artistic and eerily beautiful? I never put that much creativity or thought into it. Really, I just thought it would be a cool picture.

Though I am rather proud.

1 comment:

BigSkyKatie said...

You managed to catch industry in a beautiful light.