Sunday, December 14, 2008

OK I'm just going to post the rest of my shots from Thanksgiving in Vermont. I know, I've been totally lax about getting to those days, but... there has been so much policy stuff going on in NPS, that I've been so focused on how irate I am at the currently and thankfully outgoing administration for slowly trying to whittle away any honor left in the park system. I have those entries following this one, especially because really it's too chilly to frolic in the snow today, and a whopping 3 degrees!

But do know that TG was a total blast; I got to see family I haven't seen in years, notably my uncle Jeff from Seattle and my cousin Mark from New Jersey (and I hear his kids are getting huge!), and a bunch of my brother's friends that I have for years been trying to steal as my own. :-) We all hunkered down in a pretty sick condo in Downtown Burlington, right on the pedestrian street, and it was great being able to walk lots of places. Dinner was had at the house my parents rented out in Shelburn, right on the lake. Crappy views of the lake and mountains, you know.
That's a view across Lake Champlain and the mountain beyond, with JM in the bottom corner, playing photographer



Airplane!




The manor house at Shelburn Farm, in the summer it is used as a guest house, but apparently it has no heat







Seriously, this is the BARN at Shelburn Farm, or one of them. They also have another horse barn and a dairy barn, and several barn-like structures used to process maple syrup...

No comments: