Sunday, March 23, 2008

Waterless

Day 3 without water. There's an asshole down floors directly below us has decided to gut his new flat, and in the process of installing a bathroom sink, disconnected the water main for the flats above him. At least, that'w what our emergency Easter Day plumber declared.

No drinking water I can deal with, but I would love to take a shower and flush my toilet. I mean really. The plumber went on a rampage about why stupid people shouldn't do plumbing work on their own flats, and said that we'd probably need to have the watermain replaced. I'm completely ticked at this guy, because not only does he do work on his flat 8am-9pm EVERYDAY (including weekends, though of course not this one), but then he goes and leaves us without water while he imbibes in this morbidly festive occasion. What a jerk.

OK OK I know what you're thinking: he probably didn't realize. Well, tough. If he didn't realize that when you're living in a tenement building you can't just do construction at all hours without asking first or turn off people's water. And if he did realize it, he's just as asshole.

I'm super-ticked, and we're off to go get some foodages, as we have no clean dishes, and perhaps hit up the public showers at the train station.

No comments: