Thursday, January 3, 2008

SSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!!

Sorry for all the enthusiasm, but its snowing! Finally!

We did get a light dusting while the family was here; enough to be able to write messages to people on their car windows. But it wasn't the kind of snow you could actually SEE falling. That time it was like freezing rain that sort of just collected. if you squinted through a beem of light from a street lamp, you could almost tell that those were flakes and not drops.

But this is real stuff! It's been going since I woke up, and it's finally starting to stick. It's been fairly warm here, so it took a while for any accumulation. These flakes are the massive, thick, wet ones that sort of float down to the ground with a mush and saturate everything. The pretty kind. The kind that is now starting to cover the rooftops and our small backyard and the trees and cars. I bet this would be a perfect day to go up Arthur's Seat and watch the snow begin to hide the entire city.

Unfortunately, I'm sick as a dog. I somehow managed to pick up the flu somewhere, and now every gland I have in my entire body is swollen and painful. I can barely move, so I have to be content today with just watching it snow from our futon. But really, who would have thought? I know globl warming is supossed to be making the UK colder (something about the halting of the Gulf Stream which is waht keeps this area so mild with all its warm water), but thus far global warming has proven dissapointing. 45 and rainy is a miserable winter, the kind of winter that makes me wish for summer (god forbid!). Montana, on the other hand, is covered in MY snow, and so I spend a lot of time longing for the mountains...

No comments: